Introducing: Ain't Understandin' Mellow

Title: Ain't Understandin' Mellow
Author: Michelle Davis
Publisher: Lulu Press
Release Date: 2005
ISBN-10: 1-4116-5507-9
Paperback/ebook: 250 pages
List Price: $14.95/$7.45

Description:

A touching story about a young woman's struggle to find peace and happiness in the midst of devastating obstacles. Overcoming painful hurdles, not only does she find the peace she seeks, she finds herself.

About the Author:

Who Is Michelle Davis?

I was born and raised in the city of Chicago on the southside to Izora Davis and Dwight Moore. I was raised in the Woodlawn community up until the age of thirteen. We then relocated to public housing - better known as "the projects" on 42nd and Lake Park where I must say, I found myself.

I began writing at the age of ten after reading my mother's collection of Harlequin Mystery novels. I can't recall the name of the one book that inspired me to write my own mystery but I am grateful for it. It was all of about twenty-four pages - a lot for a ten year old to write and my teacher allowed me to read it to the class. The response I got was so powerful that it set me on the road I find myself travelling today.

My second creation came some years later when I was fourteen. I read it to some classmates and they loved it, further inspiring me to think "hmm, I've got something here". I realize that this is a calling for me and I only hope I respond well to it.
I was blessed with four beautiful children and I'm currently helping to raise my sweetheart's nephew. Although professionally I am a sociologist, I hope to focus on writing full time and devote all of my vested energies into my passion.

But a lot of that depends on you, so hopefully I have garnered a fan base that can relate to the stories I have to tell.

No comments